The National Tsunami Hazard Mitigation Program recognizes the importance of tsunami preparedness campaigns and supports U.S. states and territories in their efforts to promote tsunami preparedness at times during the year that make the most sense for their coasts. Keeping in mind that tsunami preparedness is an ongoing effort, and activities take place throughout the year, below is a continuously updated list of dates for targeted state and territorial tsunami preparedness campaigns in 2018:
- March 11-17: Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
- March 25-30: Alaska
- March 26-30: California
- April 1-7: Guam
- April 9-13: Washington (Roadshow)
- April: Hawaii
- September 24-30: American Samoa
- October: Washington
Additional campaigns will be added as information becomes available.
For more information about tsunami preparedness and what may be happening in your state or territory, visit the TsunamiZone, see the links below, and follow NTHMP partners on social media.
Other related 2018 preparedness campaigns and activities:
- March—May: National Weather Service Spring Safety Campaign
- March 15: Exercise - CaribeWave (3 scenarios: Barbados, Columbia, Puerto Rico)
- September—November: National Weather Service Fall Safety Campaign
- September: National Preparedness Month
- October 18: ShakeOut
- November 5: United Nations World Tsunami Awareness Day
NTHMP Tsunami Preparedness Resources
Federal Agency Tsunami Preparedness Web Sites
State and Territorial Tsunami Preparedness Web Sites
Click on the state/territory name to expand their section and see their links.
Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands
For additional links to select online NTHMP partner education and outreach resources (and more), visit the NTHMP Partner Web Resources web page.