NTHMP Mapping and Modeling Subcommittee (MMS)
Membership List - April 2018
The Mapping and Modeling Subcommittee (MMS) is comprised of 12 members representing the regions of the NTHMP Coordinating Committee, two NOAA representatives including one from a Tsunami Warning Center (TWC), and one representative each from FEMA and USGS as partner Federal Agencies.
The subcommittee will have two Co-chairs drawn from the body of the MMS, serving for two year terms each. Per MMS Terms of Reference, one Co-chair will be from NOAA and the other Co-Chair from a state/territory partner. To ensure continuity of effort, rotation of Co-chairs is offset by one year.
State/territory membership is the Science Member from each of the NTHMP regions of the Coordinating Committee: Alaska, American Samoa, California, East Coast States, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Gulf Coast States, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Oregon, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Washington.
Per NTHMP Rules of Procedure, Science Members appointed to serve on the NTHMP Coordinating Committee, Federal Agency Science Members, and both subcommittee Co-chairs have one vote each on actions that involve the MMS. Officially designated Coordinating Committtee Alternates have a vote in the absence of their respective state/territory Science member. General members and technical advisers do not have a vote.
NOAA Representatives (2)
- Dr. Diego Arcas, Pacific Marine Environmetal Lab (voting member for NOAA)
- Marie Eble, Pacific Marine Environmetal Lab
Science Member from other participating Federal Government agencies:
- Federal Emergency Management Agency: (vacant)
- U.S. Geological Survey: Stephanie Ross, USGS Science Center, Menlo Park, CA
Science Member from each region of the Coordinating Committee:
- Alaska: Dr. Dmitry Nicolsky, University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- American Samoa: Elinor Lutu-McMoore, NWS Weather Services Office, American Samoa
- California: Rick Wilson, California Geological Survey
- Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands: Chip Guard, NWS Forecast Office, Guam
- East Coast: Dr. Jim Kirby, University of Delaware (Stephan Grilli, Alternate, University of Rhode Island)
- Guam: Chip Guard, NWS Forecast Office, Guam
- Gulf Coast: Dr. Juan Horrillo, Texas A&M University at Galveston
- Hawaii: Dr. Kwok Fai Cheung, University of Hawaii
- Oregon: Dr. Jon Allan, Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries
- Puerto Rico: Dr. Victor Huerfano, University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez
- U.S. Virgin Islands: Roy Watlington, Scientist Emeritus
- Washington: Corina Forson, Washington Department of Natural Resources (Daniel Eungard, Alternate, Washington DNR)
General Members (non-voting)
- Dr. Philip Chu, NOAA/Oceanic and Atmospheric Research/Great Lakes Environmental Research Lab
- Kara Gately, NOAA/National Weather Service, National Tsunami Warning Center
- Dr. Stephan Grilli, University of Rhode Island (designated alternate for East Coast Science Member)
- Dr. Elizabeth Vanacore Maher, University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez (designated alternate for Puerto Rico Science Member)
- Dr. Aurelio Mercado, University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez
- Kelly Stroker, NOAA/NESDIS, National Centers for Environmental Information
- Dr. Chin Wu, University of Wisconsin-Madison