2019 NTHMP Winter Meetings
January 28-31, February 1, 2019
Hilton Mission Valley Hotel
San Diego, California
Page updated: March 5, 2019.
List of Meeting Attendees
Mapping & Modeling Subcommittee Meeting January 28, 2019
Mitigation & Education Subcommittee Meeting January 28, 2019
Warning Coordination Subcommittee Meeting (meeting cancelled)
Island Caucus, January 28, 2019
Topical Workshops, January 29, 2019
General Meeting January 30, 2019
- Meeting agenda is here
There are not meeting notes or minutes. Information provided in the General Meeting is all via presentations and activities, linked below.
- Modernizing Public Warning Messages
Kenote address by Dr. Dennis Mileti, Professor Emeritus (Retired), University of Colorado at Boulder
- Presentation slide deck
- Choose from two presentation formats. Both are 1:15 in length--
Recorded video presentation or Recorded webinar
Both video formats include important and interesting Q&As at the end.
Video shows Mileti's response; webinar provides only audio of Q&As
- NTHMP Subcommittee and Caucus reports
See notes above for each respective Subcommittee and Caucus
- HAZUS Deep Dive into Methodology and Applications Doug Bausch, Risk Analytics Program Mgr, NiyamIT Inc.
- Super Typhoon Yutu -- Lessons and Thoughts Brien (BJ) Nicholas, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands
- Alaska M7.0 Earthquake Response Dan Belanger, Alaska DHS/Emergency Management
- Local Tsunami Hazards in Hawaii Kwok Fai Cheung, University of Hawaii
- Washington Vertical Evacuation Manual Maximilian Dixon, Washington Emergency Management
- Alaska Paleotsunami Research Dmitry Nicolsky, University of Alaska
Meetings January 31, 2019
Interactive poster and information sharing session
No notes taken.
NTHMP Coordinating Committee Meeting February 1, 2019
The NTHMP Coordinating Committee Meeting Minutes of February 1, 2019 are here.
If you have questions or if a link is broken or file does not download, please contact:
NOAA/National Weather Service, Tsunami Program